Imec’s Silicon Nitride Photonics Platform Explained
11th August 2020 (Tuesday), 1100 CEST
45 minutes duration + Q&A
The 5th edition of the PIX4life webinar series presents the capabilities of imec’s Silicon Nitride (SiN) photonics platform.
Based on CMOS technology, the platform fabricates low loss, highly compact and reproducible photonic integrated circuits (PIC). The platform is optimized for the applications in the wavelength range covering the visible and near-infrared spectrum and allows diverse range of applications in fields like biological and industrial sensing, ranging, imaging, spectroscopy, beam steering, quantum optics etc.
This webinar will explain the various technical aspects of the platform, from the fabrication technology to the design flow. The webinar will attempt to answer the following questions about imec’s SiN photonics platform:
• What are the fabrication capabilities of the platform?
• What integrated photonics components can be fabricated?
• What is in the process-design-kit (PDK) and how it helps in designing?
• How to access the platform?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The webinar is relevant for anyone who is interested in SiN based photonic integrated circuit technology. This webinar is a general overview of imec’s SiN based PIC fabrication technology. There is as such no prerequisite minimum qualification requirement.
The webinar will be presented by the following:
• Maria Martinez Valado, Project Leader – Emerging Business Program
• Gunay Yurtsever, Researcher – SiN Photonics Designs
• Adil Masood, Project Leader – SiN Photonics MPW Coordinator
REGISTRATION & ACCESS
The webinar is free and for public access. Please register using the following link.