Hands-on design & seminar sessions on PIC technologies of PIX4life
22nd and 23rd January 2019
Photonics as Key Enabling Technology have applications in multiple industries and help tackle societal challenges. Photonic Integrated Circuits (PIC) offer unprecedented precision, efficiency, speed and miniaturization for various applications of photonics. A major European initiative has brought together a public-private partnership: PIX4life, a silicon nitride PIC Pilot line for Life Science Applications in the
PIX4life Pilot Line presents a 2-day seminar and training on potonic design for layout. This Pilot Line aims to offer an open-access manufacturing platform for photonic integrated circuits, specifically targeting lifescience applications at visible wavelength ranges (400-850 nm).
The seminar sessions are aimed at application and R&D engineers as well as managers interested in learning about the current resources, technology drivers and Process Design Kits (PDKs) available for life science applications. This information will be complemented by the latest development of the European PIC Pilot-Line ecosystem.
During the second day of the event, an immersive hands-on training on the PDKs use will be presented. The attendees will have the opportunity to choose one of the following PDK training tracks:
- TriPleX-VIS PDK using Synopsys complete Photonics Design Flow.
- Imec BioPix PDK using Luceda integrated Photonics Design Flow.
This training offers a great opportunity to get introduced to the of this pilot lines through seminars and handson design. The training is divided into three parts, spread over 2 days.
Day 1 (January 22nd):
- 0900 – 1230 Seminars:
- Speakers and tittles will be announced shortly
- 1330 – 1730 Demo:
- Introduction to the different software tools from Synopsys and Luceda Photonics.
Day 2 (January 23rd):
- 0900 – 1730 – Hands-on:
- Parallel sessions on Synopsys software (using LioniX’s TriPLeX PDK) and Luceda Photonics (using imec’s BioPIX PDK).
For the participants from other organizations, the participation cost is €1000. This training is free of cost for participants from a PIX4life consortium partner.
For registration, please send an email to imec academy ( email@example.com ) with the following information:
PIX4life: Hands-on Training
- Your full name & email
- Affiliation and professional role
- Is your organization part of PIX4life?
- Do you want to be part of the PIX4life group of interest? and to receive the PIX4life newsletter?
- Your preferred software for hands-on training – Synopsys or Luceda Photonics?
A background in photonics is helpful but not necessary.
Participants are required to bring their own PC, with administrative rights, for the training. Instructions to install software will be sent to them after registration. Minimum requirements:
- Operating systems: Microsoft Windows 7 or newer (64 bit OS)
- Full administrative rights (for installation of software)
- 3 GB free hard disk space
- 2 GB RAM memory
- WiFi card
- 1 free USB port